Anticipation

Growing up, and even more so in college, I have always been inspired by the study of every type of science, which is one reason that I chose to intern with the National Coastal Agency of Albania. This internship will allow me to construct my one individual research project, and also provide me with guidance and help when I need it. I was drawn to this idea because I really enjoy independent work, and the freedom to study what I want. Before arriving in Tirana, the capital of Albania, I was unsure about the specifics of what I would be researching. I was a little nervous about not receiving much guidance, and I began doubting whether or not I was going to be able to really learn while overseas. It only took one day in the office to to prove myself wrong. While talking with my internship host, we were able to explore my medical interests, and combine it with my interests in the environment. After thinking about different ideas, and talking more, we decided that I would be useful and impactful studying the medicinal herbs in a remote mountain village. Once having the concrete ideas about what I would be doing, I was so excited to begin.

4 thoughts on “Anticipation

• May 4, 2017 at 2:26 am

You will be studying medicinal herbs? Wow!

It’s so awesome that you’re able to bring your passions into your work!

I am so impressed by how you combined your interests into a research project that is a perfect fit for you and I’m equally impressed at how quickly you did so. I think that you will continue to succeed and I am excited to read more about how the internship progresses!

It is so exciting that you are able to study what you are interested in versus having a specific project you have to focus on (though that could be good sometimes as well). Hopefully you are able to make the most of this experience!