Preparing for my Internship | #1

After the end of winter term at UM, I was finally able to meet my internship supervisor in person. I am interning at a hospital system in my hometown, which is nice because I am familiar with the area. I was drawn to this internship because I am thinking about pursuing a career in hospital administration, and some graduate programs require an internship at some point prior to graduate school. This internship specifically deals with data entry and public health, both of which could play a role in my future career, depending on whether or not I choose to go into hospital administration. In addition to data entry, my supervisor seems flexible on allowing me to work on other projects that interest me during my internship. I am excited to learn more about what other projects I could potentially work on! A lot of this internship also involves job shadowing. I was attracted to this because I think it will allow me to experience the administrative side of healthcare first hand. It sounds like I will be spending a lot of time in meetings about how to improve my department’s current healthcare procedures.

During this internship, I hope to learn  more about hospital administration. I also hope to learn how to improve some processes, such as data organization. In addition, I want to network and evolve my plans for my future career based on how my internship progresses.

2 thoughts on “Preparing for my Internship | #1

I think it is great you get to shadow! I think that is a really beneficial way to see what you are truly interested in doing and to get a better understanding of the field.
    Best wishes,
    Kayla

Super cool! I actually wanna pursue healthcare administration as well. Really glad to see that you got an internship at a hospital, its gonna be a great experience for a great field to go into!