First Day on the Job (Blog 1)

Blog 1: First Day on the Job

During my time with Attorney Pablo Velez at his firm Velez & Cipriano, PLLC, I aim to make lasting connections and build relationships with those who are within Mr. Velez’s networking circle and beyond. I also hope to attain knowledge in perspective career fields, as in what are some of my likes/dislikes and to use that information to gear me into the proper steps of pursuing the field I want.

My first day on the job was quite eventful! It started with an early morning conference meeting at 7am on a Wednesday morning down on 44th St. in Manhattan. It was like a cocktail party but instead of cocktails, coffees and bagels were served instead. The people I met and networked with at the event worked in different fields outside of the law bubble. I met stockbrokers, security technicians, architects, interior designers, insurance advisors, and engineers. I even had to come up with a brief advertising commercial; detailing the services a student-athlete can provide to a family. Shortly after the meeting concluded, I was rushed off to 37th St. getting there just in time for my second meeting with a corporate attorney. The meeting was insightful on the path to law school and all the moving intangibles that come with it. To conclude my work week, I have been assigned forms regarding immigration to gut out and reproduce a simpler checklist consisting of; Filing Fees, Evidence Required for Form, and Information Required of Applicant. It’s a lot of work but is fun!

2 thoughts on “First Day on the Job (Blog 1)

I can’t imagine making my way through NYC without getting lost! Hope you have some free time to enjoy some NY style pizza and see the sights.

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity you have. I am also interested in the law field and I believe this was a great job to be apart of. I hope you enjoy your time at the law firm and have a great experience. Best of luck!!!