Blog Post 1-One Week into Internship at Canadian International School, Bangalore India

I am currently interning at the Canadian International School (CIS) in Bangalore India. So far it has been an amazing and busy first week. I’ve really enjoyed meeting everyone here and getting to know them some. CIS is really a top-notch school and is so because of the staff and students. As a multinational school, everyone always seems to have an interesting story of background!

Today is the end of my first full week of work and so far, I have loved every minute of it. My role as an intern at CIS is fluid to say the least. Although I am specifically here for CIS’s contextual learning program, I have three weeks until it starts. Until then CIS has let me more or less create my own schedule and follow my interests! I’ve been able to shadow some amazing teachers and even lead an English class! Probably my biggest highlight so far is teaching Hindi script to 3rd graders. I enjoyed the interaction with the kids and also the thought that this is something I could continue to do in the future. For now, I am just trying to experience as much as I can and make the most of this opportunity… Hopefully pictures next time!

Chris

Senior studying Philosophy at U of M. Likes: India and CIS. Dislikes: Extreme heat and spicy McDonalds

One thought on “Blog Post 1-One Week into Internship at Canadian International School, Bangalore India

Sounds amazing and very exciting! Glad you’ve adjusted well and are enjoying your time!