First week | #1

I have started my internship as a software developer this week in Lyon, a very peaceful city in France. It is going to be very challenging to live in France without speaking French because French people rarely speak English.

Another difference between Europe and USA is people have various kinds of public holidays and optional vacations throughout the year and they often travel to cities or other countries in Europe. The streets will be empty in the weekends especially in Sunday, because all the shops will be closed and most people will just stay home.

My internship is about solving a problem existed in an already implemented simulating software. This software ignored some possible interference when implemented, but now it turns out to generate incorrect simulation in certain conditions. So I will make a detailed proposal in a few weeks, implement it and test them in the following months. Although my solution may not reach the industrial level, my result can help the company to testify their ideas and provide a prototype for further development in the future.

Hope this internship will be successful and I really like this city.

Good luck folks.

2 thoughts on “First week | #1

The picture looks so beautiful! Hope the software turns out!

This is a beautiful city definitely with nice people around. Thanks for your reply!