Post 1-ANKURI

What goals and expectations do you have for this internship? What are you hoping to learn from this experience?

After being in rural India for almost an entire week, I have had the opportunity to reflect on what I can do for internship as well as what I hope the internship has for me. After the chaotic whirlwind of travelling by plane, trains, and cars to India, it is time to slow down and adjust my attitude, look through different perspectives, and open my heart to the local children and people of Uttarakhand, India.

I have been lucky to take on this internship of teaching the local children English as well as music, crafts, art, and dance. What I am hoping to learn from this experience is to think spontaneously as well as boldly and confidently, as we grapple with different age ranges, skill level, and an entirely different way of life and school. I hope to perfect my teaching and increase my understanding of how children think, learn, and interact within a school setting across the world. Lastly, my main hope, and goal for the entire internship is to inspire and give insight into the desire and motivation to learn. The entire philosophy of this program is to educate children and tap in to their desire for learning, knowledge, and personal growth.

Please follow us on instagram @women.of.ankuri and our Facebook page Ankuri

Julia H

Utilizing a multi-faceted approach to village development, the Agency for Non Konventional Urban Rural Initiatives (ANKURI) empowers rural women through income generation, alleviation of poverty and promotion of health, education and the full participation of women and children in Uttrakhand society.

One thought on “Post 1-ANKURI

It sounds like the philosophy of the program really fits with your goals! Are there different grade levels for the different age groups and skill levels of students (like in America)? I know you’ll be a great asset to this internship and I hope you fulfill all of your goals!