A Day in Chennai: Blog Post 2

The first photo is the view when I wake up. I get to look out over the city and eat my breakfast, do laundry, or read a book. Then I walk to office which is depicted in the second photo I posted. Crossing the street here is wild. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to cross a street here. The heat is so intense yesterday it was 106 degrees F. By the time I get to work, I am always sweaty. I work from 10:30am to about 7:00 at night. The third photo was taken in my office. For the most part, the office is quiet except for lunch and when we go for an evening snack (usually mangos as those are in season or samosas.) The fourth photo is meant to depict walking home. It’s usually dark when I walk home, but I am showing a photo taken during the day so you can see the street still. The walk home is slightly cooler than the walk to work. It’s a time when I can be alone and think about my day. I mostly just people watch for the 40 minute walk/ bus ride back. In the evenings, I will go to the beach or a movie. The final photo I am showing is of four boys I met on the beach. Usually, when I walk around with my camera someone insists on me taking their photo. After the beach, I go home and sleep to get ready for another busy day.

2 thoughts on “A Day in Chennai: Blog Post 2

Your pictures are really beautiful! It sounds like you have busy days, but it’s great that you are able to take a step back and reflect on the day. How’s the food?

• May 18, 2017 at 7:49 am

As someone who grew up in India for a few years, it’s so fascinating to read about other people’s experiences in the country. It sounds like you’ve gotten in the rhythm of living there, and it’s great that you can have evenings off to relax and reflect!