Volunteer Time #2

This is my second week at my internship and it is only getting better. This week started off good because I got to learn new things about the company and meet new people. One of the fun things about this week was being able to volunteer at Focus Hope warehouse and package nonperishable meals for home bound seniors in the Detroit Metro Area. I had a good time working will my team members while learning more about the organization. This was a great experience for me and my team because it was all about giving back.

One thing I love about my job is that they are big advocates for volunteering in the community and giving back. We are required to have a certain amount of volunteer hours in a year because they take this serious, which I love. I have attended to volunteer events so far in my short two weeks here and I look forward to attending many more in the weeks to come.

Another interesting thing that has happened during my second week here was getting free ice-cream. Here in Detroit, MI the weather is finally starting to pick up so my job decided to treat all of the interns to free ice-cream. This event was mainly for the interns to interact with each other and get to know more about one another. This was a great time for networking and learning new things about the company that I didn’t know before.

Overall, this was a great week for me and I enjoyed myself. I look forward to many more volunteer events and social events for the weeks to come. I will continue to expand my horizon by being open to new experiences and new changes as I embark on this new journey of my internship.

One thought on “Volunteer Time #2

It’s so amazing that you are dedicating your summer to giving back to the community! Volunteering is definitely a rewarding experience, and I am glad to hear that you are having a great time. I’m excited to hear more about your experience and work in Detroit!