Starting as an Marketing Intern | #1

Hi!

I’m Ken and I’m interning for the D&R Marketing Agency based in Detroit, MI. This marketing agency is a start-up that is working with small business owners in the Metro Detroit Area, to assist them with their marketing needs. When entering this internship I was unsure what to expect. I didn’t know if I would be making coffee orders for account managers or if I would be given busy work to keep me preoccupied. However, that is not the case by a long shot. So far, over the past two weeks, I have sat in on four potential client consultations and conducted two follow-up meetings. I

So far, over the past two weeks, I have sat in on four potential client consultations and conducted two follow-up meetings. During the first consultation, I was stunned how the Account Managers conducted the consultation. It started off as a conversation, he was genuinely interested in what the potential client needed as a small business owner.  I later realized that the marketing agency takes a holistic approach when conducting their consultations. They care more about the client’s success as a business owner and less about a pay day. As time progressed, I was given the task to conduct my first follow-up meeting with a potential client.

The client owns an Edible Arrangements store in a suburb of Detroit and was interested in doing business with the marketing agency. She could tell I was nervous, but luckily I did a good enough job where she wanted to follow-up with the Account Manager, who was sitting outside her office.

This internship has been extremely fast paced and has granted me a host of responsibilities that have only fueled my passion for this career field.

Can’t wait to share more!

One thought on “Starting as an Marketing Intern | #1

How exciting! It looks like this internship experience is really going to provide you with hands-on responsibilities. Can’t wait to hear more!