Blog 1 – Hopeful and Enthusiastic

May 20, 2017

My internship is at KEDGE Business School in Bordeaux, France. My responsibilities include welcoming prospective students, giving them a tour of the campus, participating in singing and dance performances to create a fun and engaging atmosphere. I chose this internship because I love speaking French and meeting people from different backgrounds and with different experiences. When I was a junior in high school, I visited France for a week, but I only visited Rennes and Paris. I have never visited Bordeaux before and I was very interested to see how the culture of the different sides of the country differ. At the moment, I am enjoying my time in Bordeaux, and I find it to be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. I am glad this internship gives me the opportunity to explore the city and really take in the culture and interact with the locals as well as other students.

A goal I have during this internship is to, of course, improve my French skills; I would like to have better comprehension and be able to speak faster and more coherently. I would also like to have a better understanding of the country’s culture by experiencing it first-handedly through meeting other students and locals. This will be the first time where I will be completely alone in a place where I do not know anyone, so I know I will have to take more risks and be more sociable and outgoing. I’m hoping that at the end of the internship I will have learned to be more independent as well as how to communicate with others in a new language and environment.

I’ve included the two beautiful views I had the pleasure of viewing on my journey to Bordeaux. The first is the plane ride, and the second is the view from my room.

2 thoughts on “Blog 1 – Hopeful and Enthusiastic

This is such an exciting opportunity! It’s so cool that you can do something that you love and at the same time improve your French skills. I definitely agree that being in a place where you don’t know anyone will require taking more risks and initiatives. Can’t wait to hear more about your experience!

I’m glad that you’re enjoying the beauty of the city! I know I’m always nervous when I’m in a new place with unfamiliar faces, so I’m really interested to learn from your experiences and your risks!