Third and Final Week in Cusco

Since my volunteering internship was only three weeks long, I have already reached the end of my international experience in Cusco! It went by so quickly, and it was such an amazing experience. I truly feel that I have grown so much in just three short weeks. Looking back, my favorite project I completed was planning and leading the Mother’s Day celebration at the Kindergarten where I was volunteering. In Peru, Mother’s Day is extremely important and vibrantly celebrated, so the Kindergarten hosts an impressive party each year to honor the mothers of the students. I worked with the teacher to organize the decorations, the brunch, and the presentations the children would give. The celebration took place on the morning of Saturday, May 13, and it was amazing! It was so great to see all of our hard work presented so nicely to the mothers. The morning consisted of songs sung by all of the students, dances by different groups of students, poetry recited by individual students, and speeches given by each of the teachers. It was such a great way to indulge in the Peruvian culture through learning the songs and dances, and through engaging in conversations with the families during the brunch. All of the students were dressed in traditional Peruvian clothing. Here are some pictures from the party.

I am so grateful for my time in Cusco, and I was so sad to say goodbye to the students, but I hope to return some day!

One thought on “Third and Final Week in Cusco

It must be so rewarding to see your work completed! The pictures look adorable and I hope you learned a lot about Peruvian culture! We’re glad to have you come back home 🙂