Montréal | Post #3

This weekend, we were lucky enough to spend the long weekend in Montreal! I had ever been before, so I was extremely excited to visit. Our visit was only for 2 days, so I went in with the intention of making the most of every minute.
Montreal was full of beautiful sights, unique places, and incredible food. I basically ate my way through the city. Overall, the place had a much different pulse than Ottawa–significantly more lively at night and heavily influenced by classical European culture. Public transit was much more necessary to get around, and thankfully, it was easy to navigate. Also, we were blessed with sunshine and clear skies, which made for the perfect opportunity to enjoy lunch outside. Thanks to Yelp, I enjoyed some of the best meals I’ve had in Canada so far. If you are ever in the area, I would say the must-go place on a sunny afternoon is Jardin Nelson right in Old Montreal!

Another one of my favorite stops was the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Only having time for one museum visit throughout the weekend, I’m glad this is the one I ended up at. Being Montreal’s largest museum, it holds five pavilions with all different types of art from the Golden Age to the contemporary era. Also, all the pavilions are connected through an underground tunnel. This made for a long day of walking, but I surely enjoyed all the sights to see.

On the train ride back to Ottawa, although exhausted, I couldn’t help but appreciate such a fun weekend. I hope I can visit Montreal again some day soon!

2 thoughts on “Montréal | Post #3

Your pictures look so beautiful! I’m glad you enjoyed your time exploring the city and ate good food. Did you notice any differences between Montreal/Canada and America?

I loved your photography! I’m glad you’re enjoying the city along with your internship.