Interview #1 Inside The Organization

As I come to the end of my internship I am able to look at all the knowledge that I have gained and think about all of the ways that I will be able to use it in the near future. For my interview of someone that works in the office that I work in, I chose the president of our company. He is a vey nice guy and has very very impressive background. He went to Notre Dame and then went to Harvard for graduate school. During our interview I asked him many questions but there were a few that really had answers that stuck out. I asked him what part of his job he finds the hardest to do. He told me that the hardest thing to do while being a sports agent is making sure that all of your relationships are solid. Above money, contracts and playing, you have to make sure that you keep all relationship healthy. Another question that I asked was, is it tough to deal with players when you are not able to get them the things they want? He told me that most of the guys that he represents understand that he is trying his best to get them what they want and they do not really worry about it. Finally I asked him is what he looks for in a player when he is thinking about signing him. He said that above all, he wants a guy who will tell the truth all the time. He never wants to worry about the character of a kid he is working with.