Blog #1 – Goals and Expectations

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to join the workforce and pursue a career in business – whatever that meant I wasn’t too sure. Last summer, I was fortunate enough to work for a Venture Capital firm where I got my first look into the world of entrepreneurship and funding, and to put it blankly, I fell in love with the industry. But one fall back was that my internship was lacking structure, creating the type of workday where I only got out what I was willing to put in. This summer, with another opportunity to work for a Venture Capital firm, my goal is not just to follow instructions and be where I’m supposed to be, but to take initiative and make a lasting impression. I want to ask questions and go above and beyond and help create a functional and thriving work environment. What I hope to gain from this experience is to confirm my previous thoughts that this is the industry I want to work in. I want to go into the summer with an open mind and hopefully learn enough and work hard enough to continue to pave my professional future. Junior summer is a very important internship – one that is supposed to set me up for the rest of my life – and I hope to confirm my beliefs and learn enough to solidify that this is the correct industry for me.