The City of My Dreams | #1

Ever since I had started arguing with my siblings in Middle School, I had realized a life of legal work was ahead of me. All through high school and my first years of college, I had my eyes dead set on being a lawyer and living in Washington DC. Fast forward to April of this year, and I had gotten an offer from the Department of Justice to work in the Office of Foreign Litigation. From the first phone interview, I knew it was going to be a great fit. I got my offer, and immediately accepted it. Once school ended, I was basically begging my parents to move me to DC. Well, on May 12th, I was off. The city I had dreamed of becoming my home, finally was. After perusing for some housing and getting settled in, I set off to learn Washington DC like the back of my hand. I did not do well. From the intertwining roads, to the bus system and the subway system, I felt more comfortable staying right next to the tourist attractions I had always been used to. Eventually, I figured out the route from my apartment to work, and that was enough for me. After my first week of exploration, it was time to finally start working. I woke up an hour early that day, not feeling tired at all. I set off from the subway to work, and it was finally time to begin. As far as first days go, it was a pretty good one. Getting to meet all the attorneys, getting a free lunch, to getting a fun mid-day tour of the law library of congress, it was a pretty swell day. Even going to work, realizing I might be filing emails all day, this internship still is giving me an opportunity to experience one of my favorite cities and get a taste of what being a lawyer is like. I’ve stepped into this 12 week journey with my best foot forward, and we’ll see where that takes me

2 thoughts on “The City of My Dreams | #1

It is so great that you are finally able to work in the city of your dreams as you put it! Hopefully this internship and D.C. itself turns out to be everything you’ve hoped for. Good luck 🙂

So happy that you are loving D.C.! The Metro definitely takes time to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes such a useful way to get around town! Good luck 🙂