What I Want to Achieve at MetLife Stadium | #1

This summer, I will be interning at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, the home stadium of both the New York Jets and New York Giants. This stadium is the only one in the NFL that is affiliated with two different teams and in fact, the stadium itself is its own company, New Meadowlands Stadium. This gives me the unique opportunity to focus strictly on the stadium’s business alone which is important because I am in the facility operations department which focuses on making sure the stadium runs smoothly. My biggest goal at this internship is to network. This is my first time working in the business world and I plan on making as many friendships as I can in order to have as many connections as I can moving forward. Also, New Meadowlands Stadium likes to hire within before looking elsewhere for an employee so this could be the start of somewhere I find myself for many years to come if I play my cards right. Another goal of mine is to work as hard as I can and show that I am eager to do whatever is needed of me. Although I may be on the bottom of the totem pole in the office I want to make my presence felt. I hope that if someone needs something done they will have confidence in me that I will get the job done and do it well. Lastly, I want to learn as much as possible. I’ve had smaller jobs such as catering and caddying before, but not a real 9-5 job and there will be a bit of a learning curve for me but I’m excited to jump right in. I most certainly won’t know everything and I’m ok with that for now. However, in due time I would like to learn everything and be able to be one of the best interns this company has seen in a long time.