First Day at MFCW | #1

Just finished my first day at Mahindra First Choice Wheels (MCFW)! For the past couple weeks, I was eagerly awaiting my arrival to Bangalore for my 6 week internship. I still remember receiving the news that I would be interning with the firm. After my interview with the CEO, I immediately knew that this was the perfect opportunity for me to explore my academic interests while working for a reputable firm amidst a bustling city atmosphere. Fortunately, the CEO had noticed this enthusiasm and fast forward 6 months, I enter the office and meet the members of the team I will be working with.

All staff members were extremely welcoming and helpful while we got accustomed to the environment. We had a quick tour of the office and the compound where it was located before meeting the project manager and the engineering lead, who will both be working with us during our 6 weeks here. We were then given a brief overview of the various businesses operated by MFCW and were taken aback by the tremendous growth achieved by these businesses in a couple years. I noticed that the firm employed a model different to that of similar firms in other parts of world in that they ensured the businesses they operated were all intertwined in their activities. Nonetheless, each of these businesses have their own operations and bring in their own revenue streams.

The CEO had arrived a couple hours later from his business trip to Chennai and took us out for lunch at Windmill Craftworks (pictured below) where we had a great meal while talking about our interests and about how to proceed with the internship. Upon our return to the office, we had been given a more in-depth description of the various projects we could work on and finally decided to work on the Indian Blue Book platform, one of the businesses operated by MFCW. The specifics of our project are yet to be revealed, and I look forward to learning what we will be working on for the coming 6 weeks!

Although it has just been a day, I am positive that this experience is shaping out to be just what I had hoped. Since our project has a broad scope, I look forward to gaining more information on UI/UX Design principles and software development while occupying a product development role throughout. I also hope to explore more of the city, which I have only visited once previously, during the weekends and try out different restaurants while visiting the different malls spread all across Bangalore. Looking forward to a fun and fulfilling 6 weeks!

Rodney S

I am a computer engineering major at the University of Michigan passionate about software development, project management and consulting.

4 thoughts on “First Day at MFCW | #1

• June 3, 2017 at 5:18 am

It sounds like a great start to the internship! I hope your project helps you achieve your hopes for the internship. Good luck 🙂

Thank you! Good luck for your internship too. Your 2 blog posts were great and your internship seems challenging yet interesting. Looking forward to reading more

The company sounds really cool and I’m glad you are so interested and enthusiastic in your work there. Excited to read more about your time in Bangalore!

Thank you! It’s going great so far and I’m hoping to post again very soon.