Second Week in Berlin | Nummer Zwei

Tagchen,

So now I have been living in Berlin for two weeks, and the city continues to impress me. I also got the chance to travel to Hamburg this past weekend, where I stayed with a friend that I made in high school that I had not seen in two years. It just so happened that Vatertag was on the day that I showed up, so I got to witness that, and we also took days to go to the Baltic Sea and walk around Hamburg.

My internship is still going well, and I am enjoying learning all of the skills that we  will need to complete our research project. I have learned a lot regarding research and doing literature searches, and I have also gained a much better understanding and appreciation for the world of research and the immense amount of time and work that goes into it. Some of the work within research may be tedious at times, but knowing that you are working towards something fresh and new that nobody has ever done can be very exciting.

As for my German skills, they are still very rough, and it is difficult to hold in-depth and lengthy conversations, but I have picked up on some new slang and sayings that I can use walking around the city.

Picture Time: Pictured below is some Berlin street art, and in the second picture you can see the Hamburger Rathaus. 

3 thoughts on “Second Week in Berlin | Nummer Zwei

Hallöchen Payton,

It’s great that you have gotten a lot of hands-on experience and insight into the world of research. What is the research project you are working on specifically? Is it related to your studies here at Michigan?

The street art is quite beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Jenny

Hallo Payton,

Der Zeit Mann!! Ich weiß nicht, ob ein Kommentar in Deutsch okay ist…Kann sein. Mein Deutsch ist sehr, sehr schlecht. Es ist nicht so wichtig wo ich bin, also benutze ich es nie. Ich hoffe, dass du das Märchen Vokab benutzt, und ich hoffe, dass dein Praktikum sehr Spaß und interessant ist!

Tschüss,
    Shannon 😀

• June 20, 2017 at 11:40 am

Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut auch! Es ist so hart Menschen zu verstehen, aber es ist einfacher jetzt! Ich sehe Dinge von den Marchen uberall! Ich vermisse diese Klasse. Ich hoffe, dass du einen guten Sommer habst!