Zagreb #1

Hi everyone, I’m Konrat. This upcoming fall, I will be a sophomore majoring in political science and international studies. This summer, I’m interning with a Croatian non-governmental organization in Zagreb through the LSA International Internship Program. The organization I’m working with is the oldest NGO in Croatia, and is seen as one of the main defenders of civil rights and liberties in the former communist country. I’m more than excited to work with them on a variety of issues, ranging from LGBT rights to European Union to ultranationalistic far right issues, all of which I’m very passionate about, being a progressive, young, gay European citizen. Working for an NGO has long been high up on my list of dream jobs; I’m both nervous and excited to see whether or not I like the experience of actually working for one, even though it’s just an internship. Whether or not I end up liking it, I’m sure it will help me getting a step closer to knowing what I want to do with my life. Zagreb and Croatia have already won my heart, it’s a beautiful city, I had some great Cevapcici already and the people are very friendly, almost as friendly as in the midwest. I’m excited to read everyone else’s blog posts!

One thought on “Zagreb #1

The NGO you are working with sounds awesome! I’m glad you’re so eager and optimistic about your internship. Excited to read more about your time in Croatia!