Blog 1- Goals

Over the course of the spring term, I will be interning at an estate planning and probate law firm here in Ann Arbor. I am very much looking forward to working and learning from a Michigan alumnus, there is much to gain from working for someone who has been in your shoes before. I have a couple goals for myself over the course of the internship. First, I hope to gain a better understanding of the legal arena, in terms or jargon used, client relationships, the legal system, and gain an overall feel of what is like to work in a law office. Over the course of the spring term, there is much to be learned by doing research through website and resources. I also know that with working in a law firm, there will be much that I do not understand, however, I will work as hard as I can at any tasked assigned to me. Finally, the firm I am interning at is growing. I hope to be as much help as I can be in facilitating the growth process and be a useful resource in any way possible to see future success with the firm.

One thought on “Blog 1- Goals

This sounds really cool! I’ve actually worked at a law firm myself once as an assistant, and I learned SO MUCH jargon. I remember the first time I was told to go get a “copy of the stipulation”. I had no idea what that meant then, but throughout my time I sure learned a lot. So I’m so excited for you, and can’t wait to read more about your experiences!