The goal of my internship is to increase the accuracy of a simulation software by getting rid of invalid datasets. This sounds easy to achieve, especially by thinking about theoretical solutions. However, it involves lots of knowledge with computer graphics and physics in order to achieve this accuracy increase.
I have came up with many versions of solutions in the last three weeks, but none of them worked. Some are too time-consuming, and others are too complicated to implement. However, through tons of brain storming and team meeting, the ultimate workable solution is closer everyday. I also learned how to efficiently communicate with colleagues and how to present ideas clearly with pictures and schemas, which are very important skills for engineers.
I am very positive about the second half of this internship, and I think the implementation of the whole solution will work eventually. You will never be bored in a research&design department of a company!
PS: Lots of holidays and festivals in Europe give me the chance to go around France. I went to Paris this weekend. Musee de Louvre, Eiffel tower and the Notre Dame Church are awesome(because I met some UM alumni!). The only unpleasant things are the unusual hot weather and the burning sun lights, killing me……