Week 2: Establishing a routine

Working at INCroatia has been a very unique experience. Every day has been different- I have conducted interviews with potential chaperones for school trips, traveled to Italy and Slovenia in a day, and spent time doing market research for the company to create a new product.

While my days have all been different, I have established a routine for basic office days. My day begins with a 7:30 am alarm clock followed by a scramble to reach the bus to get to work on time. While the bus I normally take leaves at 8:13, the commute takes about 45 minutes giving me time to wake up before arriving to the office. After about two hours of independent work, the other intern and I have a meeting with our boss to discuss our progress on the projects that we have been working on. My boss is an energetic and fun man who encourages a quick swim in the sea in the middle of the day to relax for a little while- making the work environment very friendly and motivating.  We continue to work until we have completed our daily tasks, there is no exact time that we are expected to leave.

After work, I spend time contacting my family and checking my phone for things that I have not caught up on from the day before. Our apartment has no WIFI so I make sure to get everything done before I leave for the day. If the weather is nice, I love to spend time on the beach before heading home to make dinner. Cooking certainly isn’t my favorite thing to do, but I have been improving drastically as my time here as progressed. I have moved from sandwiches for dinner to cooking chicken, which is success in my book. Not returning home until around 7 or 8 o’clock it becomes late quickly and I spend the end of the day taking a nice shower, hanging out with my roommate, and watching the only TV show we have discovered that plays in English, Criminal Minds.

This past week, we have had two days where we were traveling throughout Croatia, Italy, and Slovenia touring golf courses and embracing the different towns culture. These days have been my favorite so far because I had the opportunity to venture out of Rijeka to explore all Croatia has to offer.

Overall, my internship day is always different. I am glad to be doing different things and experiencing everything Croatia has to offer, and am thankful to my workplace for giving me the opportunity to do so.

View traveling to National Park Brijuni
Castillo di Spessa Golf Course
View from Golf Club Adriatic
Lipica Golf Course

One thought on “Week 2: Establishing a routine

Wow, your internship sounds amazing! I can’t believe how much you’ve gotten to do in just the span of two weeks. It also seems like there is a flexible and supportive work culture – is that something that is important to you as you figure out what your future career might look like? I love the gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing. 🙂