Internship Goals | #1

This summer I’ll be interning at New York Life Insurance Company at their Jersey City office. My position is a Solutions Developer in the Enterprise Data Management department of the company. This department works with Big Data, and I will be working to provide solutions to their data management system, and I will have to become familiar with new software. My goal in this internship is to learn a lot of new information and become proficient in the software I’ll be using. I want to come away with knowledge that I most likely won’t learn in school. This is my first internship so I really want to make a good impression. I hope to do a lot of networking in order to set up connections that I can use in the future. This is a big company so there are many opportunities to meet people. I also want to learn different areas of the Tech field so I can find out what I want to do with my career and where I want to go. I want to explore the different areas of the technology side of the company and see which area interests me the most. With less than a week until I start, I’m really excited and can’t wait to make the most of this opportunity.