D.C. Diaries – Freer|Sackler Galleries, Smithsonian Institution | #2

As my second week at the Freer|Sackler comes to a close, I am so excited for the new challenges, opportunities, and projects for the week to come. Building upon many ongoing activities from the previous week, I attended and took notes for several meetings within the Public and Scholarly Engagement Department regarding upcoming exhibitions and the Freer Gallery’s fall reopening. While I continue to work on a number of short-term projects, I am very excited to begin planning for a longer-term project that will take place in the fall. In particular, I have recently begun to develop and plan a registered family workshop that will be offered twice at the end of this year. As a result of this project, I have begun meeting with a number of Freer|Sackler staff members to discuss objectives, background information, and the creation of a lesson plan for each workshop. In addition to these projects, I am also in the process of developing an activity card for an object within an exhibition that will reopen in the fall with the Freer. With next week just around the corner, I can’t wait for all of the new people and opportunities that I will encounter in the future!