Ottawa #3

Another week has flown by here in Ottawa!

Last week was much slower, as all the MP’s were on a break. As a result, it gave me a little more time catch up on my work, which was much appreciated.

With a little more time on our hands, we got to check out some popular attractions around the area, such as the Canadian Museum of Natural history and the Canadian Museum of Nature. Both were fantastic opportunities and I learned a great deal. At the Canadian Museum of Natural History, I learned about the treatment and history of aboriginals. In addition, I got a first-hand view of the history of hockey in Canada.

Last Friday, I was able to sit in the Senate Chambers and listen to many notable speakers, such as David Suzuki, renowned environmentalist.  I was thoroughly impressed by his speech and his perspective on the environmental crisis that the global community currently faces. His speech was so powerful that it made me want to act and get involved in his foundation.

Finally, on Saturday I got to view the annual marathon held in Ottawa. Thousands of people ran in this race and it was a great experience.

I also got had time to grab to grab an “Obama cookie”, the famous treat that Obama had when he visited in 2009. They love him so much that they named the cookie after him as a marketing tool. It seems to be working!

Until next time!

One thought on “Ottawa #3

Sounds like a fun break from work! Did you run in the marathon?