Team Activities | #2

What type of programs/initiatives does your company host to foster staff relationships?

This prompt stood out to me the most because I really feel that the company I’m interning with goes above and beyond when it comes to team programs and activities. Each month, the entire team decides on an activity to do together. Last month, the entire office went on a boat and had lunch while anchored in the middle of the ocean. However, the work does not stop during team activities. The daily team meeting that usually takes place in the office was instead had on the boat. For this month, the team decided on have a pool day and pot-luck dinner at one of our houses. There will also be some cooking involved, which is the most exciting part in my opinion.

By getting everyone out of the office for a day, we are all able to decompress and destress while having a good time together. This sense of community that is created in the office helps foster the strong relationships, and ultimately friendships, that are created within the company.