Day 1 at CoVar Transport

I am working as a marketing intern for a logistics company. This is my second internship and much different from the last one. I have never really been overwhelmingly into marketing but this opportunity presented itself so I took it. Marketing for a logistics company seems like a challenging task. How do I get someone to be interested in trucking?

Today I have a conference call with CoVar Vice President Dillon Varanay. We talked about what the plan was for these next few weeks and how to think about marketing for them. What I got out of it is that CoVar is a new and small company, in a not so flashy industry, so marketing for them is about getting exposure for what they do, how they do it and who they do it for. As I looked over their social media account I realized most of their pictures were of their trucks loading and unloading. I found this as something that could be changed. My plan is to help market what the guys in the office are doing, how hard they are working and how dedicated they are to their customers. Also, as a newer company I hope to use my resources here at Michigan to help market CoVar on a bigger scale, showing the connections that CoVar has and how far they can reach.

I can’t wait to see how this goes!