Strengthening my Professional Identity/ #3

I am usually known to be very upbeat, optimistic, and enthusiastic. I believe that my jubilant personality stems from the energy of the people I interact with on a daily basis. However, because HTC is a small company (comprised of only 4 other people), oftentimes I am not interacting with others. This internship has developed my optimistic nature by teaching me how to remain positive and upbeat despite not constantly interacting with others.

Additionally, my confidence and professionalism has developed a great deal. I attended the “TechniCLE Speaking” event put on by Jones Day, where business owners and entrepreneurs in Cleveland had a facilitated discussion on how to propel business in Cleveland and how to keep young entrepreneurs in this area. Observing and taking part in this discussion with Cleveland professionals taught me professional skills that I had not picked up on previously. For example, during the networking session, everybody introduced themselves by full name rather than just their first name. This is a smart tactic in getting your full name out there for people to remember.

My confidence in my work has also increased through working at HTC. I have been collaborating with Insivia, a digital marketing company for marketing strategies for HTC. I have learned a great deal about marketing and how to navigate difference websites such as MailChimp, WordPress, Hootsuite, and Eventbrite. These learned skills have helped me become more confident and successful in the marketing field.

2 thoughts on “Strengthening my Professional Identity/ #3

• June 9, 2017 at 12:24 am

Hi Marisa! I totally relate to your situation; my company is also really small, and the workdays are pretty quiet. But it’s great to hear that you’re staying upbeat! Best of luck with the rest of your internship!

It’s great to hear that you are growing outside of your comfort zone! Those final sites will be valuable for landing future opps!