Bienvenue | #1

Bonjour!

One flight, 9 days, and lots of cheese later, I am starting to settle in to my new home for the next 8 weeks. Last Monday I began my internship at HEC Paris, a business school located in Jouy-en-Josas France. My role is to help run the summer school program that is available to students who wish to receive credit for a two-week business course. This position provides me with the perfect opportunity to improve my French while still communicating in English whenever necessary.

With this internship, I hope to make meaningful connections with people and learn about new cultures. The students that attend the summer school, as well as my fellow interns, are from all over the world and have different perspectives, which I am excited to learn more about. I am looking forward to making sure that the students feel comfortable and are making the most of their summer school experience. I love event planning, so it has been fun for me so far to have a hand in crafting the program to make it enjoyable and run smoothly.

There have been many challenging aspects of being abroad, including navigating, figuring out housing insurance and cell service, learning cultural differences, and speaking french, but I know that this is all part of the learning experience. I am thankful to be able to spend multiple weeks in France and immerse myself in the culture as opposed to just visiting for a few days as a tourist. I am really enjoying communicating with locals in French and discovering little cafés in Paris. Now that I am starting to settle in, I am looking forward to forming deeper connections with my peers and experiencing more of French culture.

Allison K

Summer School Administration Intern at HEC Paris

One thought on “Bienvenue | #1

Sounds like a great start to your internship! I commend your open mind towards the students and your fellow interns and their differing perspectives and experiences, and how eager you are to be more than just a tourist. Excited to see pictures 🙂