Blog Post #4 – This Photo Describes My Internship

This photo describes my internship perfectly. As essential and important the branding, marketing and advertising of the program is to the program’s success, sometimes the stories of the children within the program sell themselves. This specific child started with us a while back and I have had the pleasure of working with her summer after summer. Her progress and growth has been tremendous. She used to be shy and almost non-verbal. She now has full conversation with me, laughing and joking and telling me stories. She has her own special language sometimes including words one would not typically understand, but through working closely with her I have come to fully comprehend almost everything she says and I enjoy her stories greatly. From her fear to walk across the balance beam clenching my hand, to now running across the highest balance beam without even touching my hand, her accomplishments are endless. This photo is her giving me a “bear hug”, which is indeed my favorite kind of hug.

3 thoughts on “Blog Post #4 – This Photo Describes My Internship

• June 6, 2017 at 5:16 am

I used to volunteer for a similar program back when I was in high school. Such a rewarding experience, can’t wait to hear more!

Love the picture and the description of the experience!