Goals of my Summer Internship | #1

This is the first time I have been exposed to a professional setting in the technology industry. Working at Amazon as an intern is not only will it be a great experience, but it will be a test. I will be constantly tested on my ability to keep up with professionals around me, learn from them and finally deliver successfully. Being around such intelligent and knowledgeable people motivates me to try and excel in my work and more importantly, learn more than expected of me. My goal this summer is to engage with all kinds of people in my team and outside. I hope to gain something more than just experience but rather a new found pattern in technology. It has only been a week since I started but I have realised the fine line between application of software in university classes and that in the real world. Working in the Amazon Fulfillment Technology department has really made me realised how I can use my knowledge to build solutions to optimise operations in a company that caters to millions. As I progress in this internship, I want to make sure that I use my time well and make the most of these twelve short weeks.