My First Day | Post #1

Hello pals! My name is Sophia and I am one of your UMich LSA Intern Scholars for the summer. That is a fancy title that basically means LSA gave me a scholarship for the summer for internship support (GBLESS AM I RIGHT LADIEZ). I hope you all are fabulous and ready to buckle in for the blog post of a lifetime (either that or this will not be fantastic at all, but we’re trying).

Today was my first day with The Honest Company – aka Jessica Alba’s company. The company’s mission statement focuses on educating the public to lead a happier and healthier life with the help of their (amazing) eco-friendly, healthy, and almost all vegan products. I am a creative production intern for the summer which means I will be helping the very talented directors, producers, production managers, and crew members in all of the company’s commercials, campaigns, and digital media endeavors.

Now lemme tell you something. Coming in, I knew this company had great reviews in both customer service and product, and I was told that they also had great office etiquette. So I was pretty excited to start this opportunity in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. But today I also learned that this company is the holy grail of companies to work for. Everyone is SO NICE, Y’ALL. I genuinely felt so comfortable the entire day in their hip (yes, hip) office and I was never hungry because they fed me fabulously. I also met the other interns who I’d be working with and they are all amazing and beautiful and smart and talented etc etc etc. I then met the creative team and my boss CJ. Talk about the most talented production team you will ever meet. I’m so excited to hone in on my production skills and learn as much as I can in the coming weeks.

But the best part of my entire day. Let me tell you. Honest has free snacks, pressed juice, and Kombutcha on tap. I’ve never tried Kombutcha but in my attempt to be a healthy LA girl (#healthgod #fitspo), ya girl will frequent that (unless it’s gross lol).

Anyways, you can probably get from this post that I am very excited to be where I am, doing what I love. I am so so so thankful for my amazing friends and family back home and my amazing friends (s/o to my the best roomies ever) and opportunities I have out in LA. I am so genuinely happy here in LA and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer has in store.

I love you all, peace and blessings, do what you love, eat good, go LSA, and GO BLUE BABY (#partingwordswithSophia).

ily,

Sophia

3 thoughts on “My First Day | Post #1

That sounds like an awesome environment to work in! It’s great that everyone is so nice; that means you’ll probably have a lot of support for your projects. Enjoy LA!

• June 20, 2017 at 2:15 am

This honestly sounds like my dream. Congrats girl live your life! Always on the lookout for sustainable and/or vegan companies! *inserts clapping emoji*

Ahh girl looks like you’re having a great time in LA! Your roommates sound amazing 🙂