My First Week Back | #1

This past year, I took part in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, UROP for short, here at the University of Michigan.  I have had a long withstanding interest in science and through this program, I was given the opportunity to further the concepts touched on in my classes in a hands on setting.  My work was specifically focused on immunology.

After working under a great mentor and learning vast amounts of protocols, immunological knowledge, and critical thinking skills, I am excited to be back and for the opportunity to further my current project on the immunological mechanisms underlying sepsis.

I have found it pretty incredible how working in a lab has helped me better understand many of the textbook concepts discussed in my classes.  Furthermore, it has been awesome being able to actually apply what I have learned to a professional setting that has real world implications.

I am looking forward to a great summer here!

One thought on “My First Week Back | #1

So glad you are back in an environment that is both challenging and stimulating! I look forward to hearing more about how this experience is stretching you as you continue to develop your skills.