Week 2: MAW

My first couple of days at Make-A-Wish Michigan have been pretty hectic. However, it has been exactly the way I wanted it to be. I wanted to work at an organization this summer that allowed me to learn from a well run and established system. The hectic nature of the first few weeks has been mostly due to training and working on remembering the protocols for everything I do. Everyone has a job, knows what everyone else’s job is, and they work together to make Kid’s dream come true.

I’m working as a communication’s intern and have spent my time writing stories and creating videos on Make-A-Wish kids. One of the bigger projects I have is to find Make-A-Wish kids from all the way in 1987 through 2017 to create a video. Its a daunting task but it’s something that has been really rewarding so far. I’m also working with Kids For Wish kids and coming up with fundraising ideas for schools. Yesterday I helped go to a school and receive a check as a result of a classes fundraising efforts.

I’m having a great time so far and have a ton of work to do. I think it’s going to be a great summer!

One thought on “Week 2: MAW

What an exciting project! I’d love to hear more about the video project with MAW recipients from 1987 on and what challenges you encounter, skills you build, and lessons you learn.