TFW when you get used to the spicy food

Hello, this is Xavier again. So far living in rural South India has been a whirlwind of a time. From the food, people, language, and music everything is new and surprising. I’ve finally been able to eat traditional Indian food without my stomach turning from the spice which is exciting. Last night I had the pleasure of eating dinner with a teacher at the school I volunteer at. The dinner was phenomenal and I really felt at home with the family because of their hospitality. One obstacle that I have is getting a handle of all the cultural norms. One thing cultural norm I have mastered though is eating with my hands!

So far my internship project is going well. The students I’m working with in the drama are progressing very well and their English is improving everyday. I’ve really established a great connection with the kids and they love to ask America. Can’t wait to see the final performance and all their hard work. Living in a hospital has been a real adjust with all the bug I come into contact with, but it’s home for the next few weeks. This week has also been nice because people from other American universities have arrived so I have people to hang with during down time at night.

One thought on “TFW when you get used to the spicy food

Congrats on your accomplishment! It’s great to hear that you’re engaged in the culture and working so well with your students. Excited to read more 🙂