Interns, Networking, & Meetings….Oh My

Hey!

My name is Ken and I am currently interning with the D&R Marketing Agency. A start-up based out of Detroit, MI. My internship here has been outstanding, in the short amount of time that I have been here. Last week, I was working closely with the Human Resources Department. I was assisting with the onboarding process for the High School interns D&R Marketing are hosting over the summer.

Working with the High Schoolers was a great experience. They were all Juniors from a variety of local high schools in Detroit, a few even coming from Cass Tech, which is where I graduated from. Being able to talk with them and learn more about their future career goals was amazing. I’d forgot how impactful work experiences could be to someone who had a very broad idea about their future career paths.

I worked with the interns for a few days, until the founder of the Marketing Agency asked me if I wanted to attend a networking event. I jumped at the opportunity. That is actually where the picture above came from.

The D&R Marketing Agency recently was accepted into the Detroit Regional Chamber and attended its first Membership Maximizer yesterday, June 8, 2017!  I was luckily able to attend as a representative of the D&R Marketing Agency. It was an amazing experience. The room was full of new and old members, individuals who are veterans in their respective fields and those who are just getting started.

After the event, I was able to connect with the individuals who I connected with, while “Working the Room” and give them further information regarding the D&R Marketing Agency!

As always, I can’t wait to keep you all updated with more stories about this amazing opportunity!

-Ken

One thought on “Interns, Networking, & Meetings….Oh My

This is super cool, love the Detroit start-up scene. Can’t wait to hear more about the work you’ll be doing this summer with the high school interns and HR department.