First Two Weeks!

I have been working as an intern in the Mcneil Group within the LSA Chemistry department for the past two weeks.

I decided to take on this internship as I recently changed my major to Biochemistry and wanted some experience within the field and the ability to network with staff and faculty within the Chemistry department.

At this internship, I am working with the Mcneil Group to develop a course on Polymer Chemistry for the MMSS Summer camp at the University of Michigan for high school students.

Even though it has just been a couple of weeks, I can honestly say that this is the best job I’ve ever had!  I am having so much fun working with the Mcneil Group. Everyone has been very welcoming, hospitable, and my coworkers are great.

Every day that I walk into the lab I am excited for what I will work on – I have been doing a whole range of experiments involving polymers such as making paint, lab-on-a-chip devices, shrinky dinks, plastic films out of a variety of household starches, and more.

As a side job, I am also working with my coworkers to help improve the Chem 211 lab course using my own personal experiences with the class last semester. We are hoping to completely revamp the course to make it more enjoyable and valuable to future students.

I will write a blog next week about my daily life as an intern in the Mcneil Group. 🙂

One thought on “First Two Weeks!

Looking forward to the next post!