Mid-Point Check-In #4

It’s shocking how time passes! Already I have been at my internship for almost a month, and amazingly I have stuck true to the goals I set at the beginning of the internship. I meet with my supervisor multiple times a day, which allows me to learn from her while also knowing what I need to improve on. This constant communication, although tiring and sometimes a little confidence-shaking, has allowed me to grow as a person and become more sure of myself and who I am. My second goal was to make connections and build a network, and I have started to do just that. Through lunches, walking in the courthouse halls, and sitting in on hearings, I have already started to meet lawyers and grow my network. I have been lucky to have such friendly professionals surrounding me who make this goal simple and fun. I believe that my personal relations, attention to detail, and ability to listen have aided me well as a courthouse intern. However, I can grow in my knowledge of the law and my assertiveness and outward shows of confidence, which are things that have never been my style. It will be an interesting task to try and improve on these things while not turning into a different person with a personality I no longer admire. Some days it’s hard not to be too tough

on myself, but overall I am confident in my ability to learn and work hard, and that makes me proud to be me. Bring on the next two months!

One thought on “Mid-Point Check-In #4

It sounds like your internship is really pushing you to challenge yourself which is awesome! I think your post touches on an important aspect in the workplace: determination in the face of adversity. Best of luck to you as you finish out your summer!