My Internship Goals

While preparing for the summer position ahead at a well-known record label, I have generated a list of goals and objectives that I will aspire to accomplish before this internship opportunity is finished. While working for the recording company I will try and absorb every ounce of knowledge and understanding about the music business from my experience.

The role on my job acceptance email reads “International Marketing and Promotions Email.” Although I am well informed about the processes and trends of media-related marketing from my academic involvement in marketing courses at UofM, I am interested and curious to see what an “international” marketing assistant role entails in a music industry setting.

One of my main goals for the summer is to become more confident in a professional work setting. While I will try and work to the best of my ability to each task that’s assigned to me, I will strive to be comfortable enough to ask questions and not be afraid to make mistakes in the process. I hope that this internship steers me in the proper direction for helping me decide what field I want to go into after college. If I love the experience, my internship position may just be the career I wish to enter for the rest of my life. I’m going to focus on attaining tangible networking connections so that no matter where my path leads me, I have friends along the way.

One thought on “My Internship Goals

I’m glad to hear that you are already considering the potential connections between your internship and academic coursework. Best of luck with your internship, Jessica!