The Japan I came looking for was not Rural Japan | #5

It was Tokyo. It was always Tokyo, one of the greatest and largest monstrosities on this earth. I finally found my way down to it the other day, finally got to see its beauty with my own eyes. It was everything I dreamed of and more. The people were fabulous, the fashion was wonderful, the towers spectacular. Everything. Even the trains brought a smile to my face. It has taken leaving the cities hours behind me to realize that they will always be my proper home like this. Rural Japan has been an incredible place to stay, beautiful and untouched, the land of the Kami’s creation. But Tokyo is one of humanity’s greatest achievements. And I know that I must return to the land of men soon no matter what.

My internship is coming to a close in just three days’ time. The things I have learned and the maturity I have gained are all becoming painfully apparent as I prepare to say my goodbyes and leave forever. I have learned how to function in this company and this country in a way I hadn’t expected. I’ve been assigned to teach the other interns to do what I’ve been doing lately. I’m that close to leaving. My boss told me that they struggled to run the fires and the baths without me this past weekend. So now I have to teach them the fires and baths in only four days’ time. This will be the challenge of my final week. I hope I can teach them quick enough, and if not, well I’ll be gone.

5 thoughts on “The Japan I came looking for was not Rural Japan | #5

I’m glad you found enjoyment in Tokyo! And it’s even better that you were able to fully appreciate it after being in the rural side of Japan. Safe travels!

congrats son, !! you have had the experience of a lifetime,, !!!!!! cant wait to see you Monday !!!!! 🙂 !!!!!!!!!

Adam, I just read all your blogs and am so impressed and happy for you. I think it’s great that this wasn’t what you were expecting. It has strengthened you in ways that will serve you well for the rest if your life. Hard work never hurt anyone. I love that you took this adventure and recognize what a great opportunity and personal growth experience it turned out to be. Good for you!! I love you and am so proud of you.
    Aunt Karen

Dear Grandson Adam, your aunt just read your blogs to me and Kristy. Well written, will enjoy hearing more of your next adventure. Love, pop pop Lou and cousin Kristy Ann.

I just read through your blogs! Sounds like you have had an amazing experience! I enjoy your writing style, particularly your honesty and sense of humor! I am sure there are many more stories to be shared!
    I am glad you finally got to visit Tokyo, and send you my love and prayers for safe travels home!