Warsaw; the beginning of my journey

Well, I have been traveling for sometime now and I had the chance to visit Portugal, Morocco, Spain, Egypt, Greece, Romania, and now Poland. I am very excited to be in one place for a long period of time because I am not a fan of living out of a backpack.

This summer, I will be interning for ten weeks at the POLIN Museum where I will be helping with the POLIN Meeting Point, which is in the education department. During this internship, I will be talking to people from Germany, Poland, and Israel.

The goal of this is to show these university students how their different places of origin have similar historical backgrounds. I was drawn to this specific internship because I am dual-majoring in history and international studies and I am from Polish descent.

One of my goals for my internship is to hopefully figure out if this is what I want to do with the rest of my life, or not. People tell me that having an internship is a wonderful experience because even if you hate it, you atleast know that you do not want to go into that line of work. Today was my first day at the museum and I am excited to see what the next ten weeks have in store for me. However, I am not sure what to expect because I have never been in this field of work, but I am sure that I will pick up on everything very quickly. Additionally, I am hoping to gain some more knowledge when it comes to the information being presented during the conference that will take place in August.

I have been trying to settle into my new apartment here in Warsaw, but coming the day before my internship started was not my best idea. One of my main goals is to experience Warsaw as a local and say that I have properly made the most of my time while I lived here.

One thought on “Warsaw; the beginning of my journey

Your internship sounds so cool – I love the idea of bringing people of different backgrounds together. Also, you take really amazing pictures! Good luck 🙂