#2 Work Culture

I was quite nervous as I started my first day of intern on Tuesday. The majestic building, the giant offices and the new working environment made it both exciting and overwhelming. However, as I began working with our Product Development team and met new people in other departments including Human Resources, Risk Solutions, and so forth, I had a feeling that I had worked in this place for a long time till the end of the week. This sense of belonging springs from one of the most valuable facets of M Financial Group, or M, —— its people. People working at M, from my experience so far, are just great. They are professional at their work and are passionate about every single day. They are more than willing to help you as long as you need them. My colleagues care about me, both in career development and new life in Portland. They held seminars to introduce me to the reinsurance industry, the M culture, and the products we have developed. Whenever I have a question, I receive help. My colleagues are like friends, as they told me the great things to do in Portland and asked about how I felt about my new life. I believe for my future career development, it is important to work in a professional environment like M where you get support for your work while enjoying what you are doing and harboring great passion. This work culture is also important for employers as it boosts the growth of a company.

One thought on “#2 Work Culture

I am glad to read that you are adjusting well to your new position and that you have found yourself in such a supportive community! I agree that the people you work with are an essential part to any work experience.