A Reflection on Induction Week – Our Tightknit Group | #2

Friday marked the end of what was known as “Induction Week,” which was dedicated to meeting fellow interns and employees, as well as getting acquainted with Admiral Insurance’s business philosophy. The company embraces a relaxed and fun culture, and the outgoing group of new interns seemed primed to carry on this unique management strategy.

The group on Day 1! 

These interns come from all over Europe, including Wales, England, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, and France. This has given me a unique opportunity to understand the nuances of different cultures. We constantly discuss what life is like in each of our countries, and share stories about cultural traditions and events.

Raw oysters are the norm in my hometown of Boston — Welsh intern Emily was not a fan

Even though I will be unable to see each represented country, I still feel like I am getting a taste of it all! I am especially happy about my strengthening bond with the two interns from France – a great opportunity to practice the skills I learned at U-M!

Nice view of Cardiff’s town hall taken during the Induction Week scavenger hunt

All in all, we are one tightknit group, and I am lucky to call these individuals my coworkers and friends. I understand that not all of my fellow Michigan International Internship participants have the luxury of being gifted a support network, and I look forward to working alongside this diverse group during the coming weeks.

One thought on “A Reflection on Induction Week – Our Tightknit Group | #2

I’m glad you have such a diverse group interns! Having a supportive group of friends definitely makes the experience so much better. Looking forward to reading more 🙂