New Beginnings | #1

This summer I am interning as a digital/social media intern in the PR section of O’Neill and Associates, a Boston based Government Relations/Public Relations firm. I am really excited for this internship because whereas my past 2 internships have been solely PR centered, this one will be within the digital realm.

My first goal that I hope to accomplish at my internship is to build a network of professionals within the office. I want to do a better job of reaching out in the office beyond my mentor. This is not only for the purpose of networking, but also just to gain knowledge from active prominent players in the PR/government relations industries. I want to be able to create relationships that I can follow up on in the future as I prepare to enter the working world after my graduation next year.

Another goal of mine is to gain a greater knowledge of business within the digital/social media world. As mentioned earlier, this will be my first social media centered internship. As my minor is digital studies, and either social media becoming more and more important in this digital age, I want to learn how to use it professionally in a promotional and business environment.