Mid – Point Check In

As I approach the second half of my internship at Sandow I have begun to reflect on my experience, delineating what I consider the pros and cons of the office environment, tasks I am given, and overall culture of the magazine business. I have come to a lot of realizations about the type of workplace that I see myself working in in the future as well as the type of people I would like to work with. I am coming close to attaining my goal of figuring out if working in the digital department of a media company interests me as a possible career path.  Although I do enjoy many of the coding tasks that I am given on a daily basis, I have been able to determine that this work environment is not exactly what I am looking for in a career. I would like to be in a more open and collaborative environment versus the quiet, independent environment that I am currently working in. I think that coming to this realization about the type of environment I do not want to work in is almost as important as determining exactly what type of environment I do want to work in! If not for this experience at Sandow I would not have been able to determine this.