Work Environment #2

1 week down, 8 to go! My first week as an intern in New York City was both scary, and exciting at the same time. I am pleased to say that I have successfully completed my first week as an intern at JonesWorks, a prestigious Public Relations firm, and have already learned a great deal. Not only have I learned the importance of hard work and compassion, but I have been able to observe a natural work environment and get a feel for how being inclusive, working as a team and building strong relationships with your work mates remains an integral part of a positive work experience, in any field. I am loving my internship thus far, one reason being that the environment in which I work contains individuals of all ages, ranging from 20-40 years old who all share a common goal. The people that I work beside have positive attitudes, are kind, intelligent, hard working, up to date with fashion trends, eager, excited, and most importantly; inclusive. The environment motivates me to work to my fullest potential as I aspire to be in the same position as my fellow workmates one day in the future. Each individual in the office encourages me to ask questions, attend all meetings, remain present for all of the conference calls, and challenge myself to complete projects and tasks I may find challenging at first. With this, I am able to really learn about the Public Relations industry and understand more of the day to day tasks each firm will face. It is comforting to me that there are other interns in the office, because it makes me feel like we are all on the same page if there comes a time where I am confused about a task or any project that I am assigned. I am able to work with my peers, of the same age, to figure out what it is I must be doing in order to successfully complete each task and make the most out of this amazing experience. The environment of the office is one of the main reasons I love going to work each and every day, and I can not wait to see what the rest of my internship has in store for me throughout the summer of 2017!