Blog 1: What I Hope to Gain, What I Hope to Accomplish

This summer I’m interning at a Sports and Entertainment PR firm called M&C Saatchi (started by the same guys as Saatchi & Saatchi). Sports and Entertainment is totally out of the realm of anything I’ve experienced in the past, having interned at a restaurant PR company and Cosmopolitan magazine, but I’m excited to hit the ground running and work with M&C Saatchi’s diverse client base. While they are technically in Sports PR (they do seasonal projects with the NHL, etc.), many of their clients are more along the lines of sports lifestyle, like Reebok, Redbull, and Oakley.

This summer, I hope to make a lasting impression at M&C Saatchi. As a rising senior, staying on top of my work and creating a positive self-image will be crucial in exploring the possibility of interviewing for a full-time position at the end of the summer. I hope to manage responsibilities effectively, and offer fresh ideas that will help me stand out and contribute to company success. Personally, I want to gain a handle on what it is I really want to do. Next summer won’t be about finding another internship to explore my passions, it’ll be about “adulting” and entering the real world. At M&C Saatchi, I hope to gain an understanding of myself and my passions–is it in food and restaurants, fashion and lifestyle, or sports and entertainment? Also, M&C Saatchi’s in-house ad agency really attracted me to the company because I would love to explore the production side of advertising. It would be great to gain some hands-on experience in content creation, idea generation, and to see an advertisement in the works from start to finish.