School’s in Session | #2

Bonjour,

This week I am feeling very fortunate to be having such an incredible summer experience. I love my internship and I’ve had so much fun hanging out with the other interns and the summer school students. A huge thank you to the LSA Opportunity Hub for helping me secure this position!

For the past two weeks, we have been preparing for the summer school students to arrive. Now, the students are all on campus, which makes our daily tasks much more exciting. The students are around my age, so I’m really enjoying getting to know them. There are 19 different nationalities represented among the students, creating a very diverse environment. Students travel from all over the world to take classes at HEC Paris, which makes the school that much more special.

I didn’t have too many expectations going into this internship, but so far it has been pretty similar to how I imagined it would be. I knew that there would be office work to do in order to prepare for the students’ arrival and to create documents that the school can use for future summers. Now that the students are here, our day includes both office work and helping run the events. I’m extremely impressed with the kinds of activities the school plans. Yesterday I took a yoga class and helped with a scavenger hunt. Tonight, a hypnotist is coming, and next week there are French pastry parties!

I’m still struggling with communicating in French, but otherwise I feel like I’ve mostly adjusted to living here. I can’t wait to continue to explore and make lasting memories with my new friends.

À bientôt!

A few of my fellow interns and I at the Monet gardens

Allison K

Summer School Administration Intern at HEC Paris

One thought on “School’s in Session | #2

I’m so glad you’re enjoying your time so far! Have you learned anything interesting from your students? The pictures look beautiful, by the way 🙂