A Thriving Community: Blog 2 – Work Culture

The company occupies the 10th the tenth floor of a famous office building right on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. Mosaic Media Group, the company I am working for, takes over half of the floor while Atlas Entertainment takes up the other half. Working alongside a production company, known for movies like Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad, allows for a unique internship experience as I get to understand a completely different side of the industry merely by going to my entertainment management internship every day.

There are ten interns per company and since I am working four days a week, I have managed to get to know all of the other 19. No matter which side of the office we are from, it is a community-based environment where we help each other out in whatever way we can. Since the layout of the office is very clean and open, it allows for this fluidity through the floor. On our side of the office, there is something called the “Mosaic Bullpen” which is a large cubicle where the Mosaic interns can work using the provided computers or on their personal laptops on script coverage or whatever assignment we have (see picture). This designated area allows ease for the assistants and receptionists to find us and give us assignments.

Overall, this office not only facilitates a productive work environment, but really emphasizes the need for a community which is something I hope to have throughout my career.

One thought on “A Thriving Community: Blog 2 – Work Culture

I love that the office environment is bright and communal! The office I am working in is the same way and it makes it much more enjoyable to be in an office all day. The open cubicles makes it really easy to interact with others and meet more people. It makes me feel a lot more relaxed and part of the team. I like that someone else notices that kind of stuff too because I think it definitely makes a difference. Your internship sounds so cool and it’s awesome to be in LA!