One Month In

The past few weeks of work have been rather hectic for myself and the other people working on the podcast.  Generally, podcast teams are comprised of 10-15 people and sometimes they have even more.  Our team, on the other hand, has only three individuals and it’s been rather challenging to launch this project when only three people are actively working on it.  My primary role thus far has been conducting research and interviews, but due to the limited time I’ve also begun to write scripts for the show itself, which has been both enjoyable and challenging.  I’ve already written articles for the site, but script writing is entirely different form of writing that I’m still getting used to.

This past week, however, there were several Polish holidays (Corpus Christi if I remember correctly) so I figured it would be a great time for a mini-vacation.  Since my schedule will only get more hectic as the end of July approaches, I figured now would be a good time to explore different countries.

I decided to travel to two of the Baltic countries, Estonia and Latvia, and visit their capitals, Tallinn and Riga.  I’ve always been averse to tourist traps and these two destinations, in my opinion, are often overlooked by travelers.  Furthermore, the flights to and from these cities were quite inexpensive, as were the hotels in which I stayed.

Although I haven’t traveled extensively, these were by far the best places I’ve ever visited.  Both cities had old cathedrals, medieval architecture, long and complicated histories, and beautiful scenery.  I’m amazed that these two countries aren’t more popular, but, at the same time, I can’t complain.

This week I’ll be writing an article on Ryszard Kuklinski, a former general in the Polish army who leaked secrets to the US in the latter stages of the Cold War.  It’s a fascinating story full of political intrigue and complexity, but I look forward to writing it.

2 thoughts on “One Month In

That seems challenging to work on a project that’s meant for 10-15 people, but it sounds like you have a lot of passion for this and you’re doing a great job! Also, I’m you enjoyed your time vacationing — I agree that the best destinations are always the most overlooked. Excited to read more about your time abroad 🙂

Wow, glad to see that you are getting 15 people’s worth of job experience haha! While the workload sounds challenging to manage, hopefully the wide variety of tasks you are involved in will help you determine what roles you enjoy the most as you search for future opportunities.